1. The food is very light in colour, looks unappealing, and may be undercooked.
2. The food is light in colour. Although probably cooked thoroughly, the food is not as appealing as it could be.
3. The food is golden brown and delicious, perfect for serving.
4. The food looks darker as it should, and may also be retaining the flavour of other fried foods. Time to check and consider the oil change.
5. The food is too dark and looks unappealing. A flavour transfer is occurring. It's definitely time to change the oil.